Things you probably know, but most likely need to be reminded of:
- Drink water! Fat is transported through urine, not sweat.
- Sleep. Really! This can’t be stressed enough.
- Lift weights. Go heavy. A pound of muscle burns 50 calories a day. Gain 4 pounds of muscle and burn an extra 200 calories per day.
- Replace simple carbs (white bread, tortillas, sweets) with protein (meat, fish, nuts, legumes).
- Change the time, intensity, type, and/or frequency of your workouts.
A note on sleep: I’ve tested the sleep theory, by eating the exact same food and performing the exact same workout twice. Once with 6 hours sleep, and another with 9. I lost much more weight when I received 9 hours of sleep. Sleep; it works!